Sunday, April 9, 2017

Using Infographics with Third Graders

Infographics are a powerful tool that can represent factual information in a creative way.  Students are using 21st-Century skills by comparing data and deciding on its importance.  They are creating an image that is strong while making a statement about the content they are displaying.

I believe that I could implement infographics with my third graders.  We do PBL within my classroom and it would be an excellent way to culminate a final project's findings.  Students could develop their infographic to display the vital information learned from the PBL and then design it for their target audience.  This would be an excellent way for my third graders to decide which information is important to share and how to display that information in a way others will understand.
As I ponder the thought of infographics and how I can use them within my classroom, I was thinking that my third graders could research a skill in a math unit.  Then, after they are proficient with that skill, they could teach others about it via an infographic.  It would be an attractive way for the students to display important information on their math skill.

I am lucky due to the fact that I have ten iPads within my classroom and I have access to two iPad carts, Macbook carts, along with five Chromebooks.  My third graders are accustomed to using technology in my classroom and would be excited to display their hard work in this creative format.

No comments:

Post a Comment